Thursday, June 22, 2006

Not much to speak of today as we spent most of our time calculating the rest of the lumber for the house and the deck wood. We also attempted to clean J&J's on account of them coming up tonight [yay!]. Marc and Kursten did however wander over to the land just now to chainsaw up some of the HUGE logs left by the loggers for the start of what could be the most folked-out staircase you'll ever see. I hope they make it back before sundown. Ian also comes up tonight so we'll have eight hands tomorrow, just imagine what could get done. Below is a picture I took yesterday of 'burls' which are the knots cut off a tree when it's logged. They have to cut off the knots so the tree can be planed easier. They're EVERYWHERE on my land. So I've decided to collect them and start me a little art project. I'm going to call it 'gnarls and burls', but only Jon and Kara will remember that one. No one else has known me that long. Either way it's a title that reminds me of being young...

1 comment:

Tara said...

ooh picture please. gnarls and burls sounds like something i'd be into.